Thomas Ryan, MD
- Cardiovascular Disease
Appointments: (614) 293-7677
About MeThomas Ryan, MD, MBA, is director of The Ohio State University Heart and Vascular Center. He holds the John G. and Jeanne Bonnet McCoy Chair in Cardiovascular Medicine and leads the Medical Center’s Heart Program. Dr. Ryan also serves as a professor of cardiovascular medicine at Ohio State’s Medical Center. He was named one of America’s Best Doctors in 2009.
Dr. Ryan earned his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine and holds an MBA from Duke University Fuqua School of Business in Durham, N.C. He completed an internship and residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in cardiology at Indiana University.
Dr. Ryan has authored or co-authored more than 200 published articles, book chapters and abstracts. He is a national expert on cardiac ultrasound technology, and co-author of Feigenbaum’s Echocardiography, the leading textbook in the field of cardiovascular ultrasound. Dr. Ryan is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Society of Echocardiography, of which he is a former president.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015, 2016, 2017
Specialties and conditions I treat
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Coronary Care Units
- Angina, Unstable
- Aortic Stenosis, Subvalvular
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Murmurs
- Pulmonary Valve Stenosis
- Tachycardia, Paroxysmal
Locations where I practice
Education and training
Indiana University School of Medicine
More about my work
Indiana University Medical Center
6/30/1985 - 6/30/1986
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Cardiovascular)
News about me
- Ohio State's Heart and Vascular Center Names 2015 Schottenstein Laureate
- July MedTips: Awards and Announcements
- Ross Family Gift Will Support Award-Winning Nursing at Ross Heart Hospital
- Mehta Elected As Ohio's First Female Governor for American College of Cardiology
- Ohio State's Heart Program Names 2013 Schottenstein Laureate
- Stem Cell Therapy May Help Critical Limb Ischemia Patients
- Ohio State Names Leader of Research Institute
- Ohio State Names Women's Cardiovascular Health Leader
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/28/2017, Dr. Ryan has reported no financial relationships with medical device, research and/or drug companies.