Wanda McEntyre, PhD
- Psychologist What's this? A psychologist is extensively trained to help people learn to cope more effectively with life issues and mental health illnesses. They are licensed to provide a number of service, including evaluations, therapy and other evidence-based treatments. A common type of treatment is talk therapy (sometimes called cognitive behavioral therapy), but there are many types of therapy styles.
Appointments: (614) 293-4523
About MeAs a rehabilitation psychologist, my focus is in an area of medicine that involves restoring function related to both physical and cognitive, or thinking-related challenges. These challenges may be due to chronic illness or newly acquired injuries and disabilities.
My patients face conditions that affect everyday functioning in several areas of their lives. I provide emotional support while helping them develop coping skills. My job is very rewarding because when a patient is participating in rehab therapy, there is always hope for positive change.
Our team approach enables us to do more for each patient. We bring together varied skills and expertise. This helps individuals reach their maximum level of independence and function.
I enjoy working with great colleagues and other professionals at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. They expand my knowledge and encourage me to be my best.
In my free time, I relax with my family, travel, read or take in a movie. I enjoy the great outdoors, and I also love attending Ohio State football games.
- Post-doctoral Fellowship Training Director
- Member, American and Ohio Psychological Associations
- Chair, Ohio Psychological Association’s Diversity Committee since fall 2010
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Adaptation, Psychological
- Disabled Persons
- Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
More About My Work
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. McEntyre has reported no relationships with companies or entities.