Wayne Trout, MD
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-3069
About MeMy practice in obstetrics and gynecology includes collaborating with a diverse group of professionals and roles. As a faculty member, I am an educator who teaches students, residents and other physicians from all over the country.
As an obstetrician and gynecologist, I meet and care for a variety of people. I like to engage my patients and educate them about their care. This helps them to better understand what is going on, including their treatment choices.
I have always joked that the longest I ever had to wait for something is nine months (pregnancy). However, I find myself taking a more holistic approach to my medical practice. I focus on long-term health outcomes because my goal is to have women live to the fullest of their capacity.
Many of the patients at Ohio State are educated and engaged in their own health care. This makes it enjoyable to discuss treatment options with them and make good healthcare decisions.
After hours, I stay involved and active with my family. We especially enjoy visiting new places.
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2011–2018
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015
- Active in ACOG (American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) at state, regional and national levels
- Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Honored by peers and selected "Best Doctor" continuously since 2005
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of "America’s Top Doctors,” 2017
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Women's Health
- Reproductive Health
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/1990 - 6/1/1994
More About My Work
American Board of OB/GYN
General Obstetrics and Gynecology
234 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
44 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Trout has reported no relationships with companies or entities.