Through the Healthy State Alliance, Mercy Health and The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are jointly combating the opioid epidemic facing our state. Combining our clinical strengths, we are focused on several efforts including:
- Clinical care:
- Expand the use of innovative pain management strategies for procedures/surgeries
- Expand access to medication-assisted treatment
- Help patients recover from opioid addiction
- Address primary gaps in the care continuum and provide resources for peer support, education and clinical protocols
- Improve the recognition of patients at risk for addiction
- Measure the impact of initiatives and develop opioid prescribing metrics and benchmarks
- Community Outreach:
- Expanding programs to educate our communities on the prevention, recognition and treatment of addiction to opioids and other substances.
- Empowering the community with tools and resources to safely dispose of opioids
Opioid Education Community Partnerships
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and Mercy Health are proud to be members of the Ohio Opioid Education Alliance.
The Ohio Opioid Education Alliance is a coalition of over 80 business, education, non-profit, civic and government organizations committed to raising awareness about the opioid crisis and providing information and resources to help prevent the next generation from abusing prescription opioids.
*Source: Kaiser Family Foundation