COLUMBUS, Ohio – One of the largest concrete pours for the new Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute, and Ohio State University Medical Center expansion occurred today.
During the six hour period, 160-170 truckloads of concrete, with each truck holding approximately 10 cubic yards, were on site for part of the building’s foundation.
Additional facts about the concrete pour included:
- Approximately 1,600 cubic yards of concrete.
- Physical size of the pour was 108’ long, 66’ wide and 6’ thick.
- Two concrete pumps were used, at the bottom and top of the excavation, each capable of pumping up to 150 cubic yards per hour.
- 2000 square feet of insulating blankets were utilized to cover the pour.
- Approximately 40 workers were involved.
# # #
Medical Center Public Affairs and Media Relations