July 27, 2021
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Media are invited to attend a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Outpatient Care New Albany at 11 a.m. Thursday at 6100 N. Hamilton Road.
The $137.9 million, 251,000-square-foot building will open Monday and will serve patients in one of the fastest growing areas in Ohio. Patients can take care of all their major health care needs, from prevention to surgery, in just one building.
Experts from 22 different specialties – including cardiology, gastroenterology, primary care, orthopedics, dermatology, physical therapy and more – will treat patients at this facility that will employ more than 350 faculty and staff.
A brief media availability will be held before the ribbon-cutting ceremony at 11:30 a.m. Tours of the facility will follow immediately. Speakers will include:
- Dr. Hal Paz, executive vice president and chancellor for Health Affairs at The Ohio State University and chief executive officer of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Kristina M. Johnson, president of The Ohio State University
- Robert Schottenstein, Ohio State Board of Trustee member
- Dr. L. Arick Forrest, president of Ohio State University Physicians and medical director of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center Ambulatory Services
- Dan Like, chief administrative officer, Ohio State Wexner Medical Center Ambulatory Services
- Emmanuel Remy, City of Columbus councilmember
Media representatives are asked to email Eileen Scahill at Eileen.Scahill@osumc.edu to make arrangements for event coverage. Masks must be worn by all persons in Ohio State health care locations.
# # #