Contact Media Relations 614-293-3737
October 2, 2012
Join the #P4Med conversation on Twitter during the conference where @OSUWexMed and @OhioStateMed will be live-tweeting and blogging.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Center for Personalized Health Care at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is hosting its fifth Personalized Health Care International Conference Oct. 3 – 4 at the Blackwell Inn, located at 2110 Tuttle Park Place, on the campus of The Ohio State University.
With a theme of “Advancing P4 Medicine Through Innovations in Science,” attendees will hear from experts about revolutionizing medicine and transforming healthcare delivery in a way which will result in more precise, cost-effective and higher quality health care for patients. Topics will focus on social connectedness, gamification, complex systems, innovations in science and advancements in P4 Medicine, and patient participation, as well as others.
Media are invited to attend all sessions and should check in at the registration table outside of the ballroom at the Blackwell Inn, located on the second floor of the hotel.
A conference highlight will be the first keynote address presented by Jane McGonigal, a world-renowned futurist and New York Times best-selling author, who is harnessing the power of Internet games in new ways to help solve some of the biggest challenges facing our world today and tomorrow. McGonigal, who has been named by Oprah Winfrey as one of the 20 most inspiring women in the world, will discuss gamification and its impact on healthcare delivery.
Local artists and creative entrepreneurs Roland and Milisa Valliere of Valliere Enterprises, LLC will be special guests during the conference reception on Wednesday, Oct. 3 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. The Valliere’s will provide a unique presentation, “Inspired by Music,” where the husband-wife duo collaborate to create art based on select musical pieces. Mr. Valliere is the former president and chairman of the Columbus Symphony and Mrs. Valliere is a painter.
Attendees, including academic leaders, industry experts, government policy makers and healthcare providers from around the world, will hear from recognized experts about the latest developments in P4 Medicine and innovations in science. Topics will focus on social connectedness, gamification, complex systems, innovations in science and advancements in P4 Medicine, and patient participation, as well as others.
- Jane McGonigal, PhD, Director, Game Research & Development, Institute for the Future, Creative Director, Social Chocolate
- Leroy Hood, MD, PhD, President, Institute for Systems Biology
- Clay Marsh, MD, Senior Associate Vice President for Health Sciences Research, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Vice Dean for Research, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Executive Director, Ohio State’s Center for Personalized Health Care
- Janice Kiecolt-Glaser, PhD, Distinguished University Professor, The Ohio State University, S. Robert Davis Chair of Medicine, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology, Health Behavior and Health Promotion, Institute of Behavior Medicine, Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center
- Bruce McEwen, PhD, Alfred E. Mirsky Professor and Director, Harold and Margaret Milliken Hatch Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, Rockefeller University
- David Snowden, MBA, Founder and Chief Scientific Officer, Cognitive Edge Pte Ltd.