Contact Media Relations 614-293-3737
September 16, 2013
Football parking is a major fundraiser for the Service Board with all proceeds used to support, through its grant program, projects to improve the patient and visitor experience at the Medical Center.
During the 2012 football season, approximately 3,000 cars were parked at the Morehouse Medical Plaza helping to fund 49 grants. Projects supported during Fiscal Year 2012-2013 include:
· Humidifiers for head and neck cancer patients
· Stuffed animals, games, and clothing for the Children and Adolescent Psychiatry program
· Transportation assistance to appointments for low income patients
· Camp registrations for the Burn Survivor Camp
· iPads for use with children with autism and developmental disabilities
The Service Board is a volunteer organization, established in 1985, that supports the patient care, education and research mission of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Through a variety of events and projects, the Service Board has raised more than $1 million.
Contact: Alexis Shaw, Wexner Medical Center Public Affairs and Media Relations, 614-293-3737 or Alexis.Shaw2@osumc.edu