September 2, 2014
Football parking is a major fundraiser for the Service Board. Through its grant program, the parking proceeds support projects to improve the patient and visitor experience at Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center. Annually, the Service Board awards more than $65,000 to department-initiated projects across the Medical Center.
During the 2013 football season, approximately 2,749 cars parked at the Martha Morehouse Medical Plaza, helping to raise more than $40,000. Projects supported during Fiscal Year 2013-2014 include:
- Post-op pillows for transplant patients
- Books for patients with vision impairments
- Take home medication cards for congestive heart failure patients and loved ones
- DVDs for patients receiving treatments in a hyperbaric chamber
- Nutrition education for women receiving prenatal care
The Service Board is a volunteer organization, established in 1985, that supports the patient care, education and research mission of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Through a variety of events and projects, the Service Board has raised more than $1 million.
Contact: Alexis Shaw, Wexner Medical Center Media Relations, 614-293-3737 or Alexis.Shaw2@osumc.edu