Media representatives are asked to call the Media Relations Department at 614-293-3737 to make arrangements to cover this event.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
will conduct a concussion symposium that focuses on concussion care for athletes on Friday (4/3) from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Fawcett Center, 2400 Olentangy River Road.
Hosted by OSU Sports Medicine
, the symposium will address a broad range of best practices in the identification and management of sports concussion, related research and return to play methodology. The symposium is intended for physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, EMS providers and other medical and non-medical professionals who are responsible for the health and safety of athletes.
Bobby Carpenter, former NFL and Ohio State linebacker, will be one of the keynote speakers.
Other speakers include:
- Russell Lonser, MD, OSU Wexner Medical Center
- Stanley Herring, MD, University of Washington
- Melita Moore, MD, OSU Wexner Medical Center
- James MacDonald, MD, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Clinton Hartz, MD, OSU Wexner Medical Center
- Bob Gray, MS, Cleveland Clinic
- Richard Quincy, MS, OSU Wexner Medical Center
Media Contact: Alexis Shaw, Wexner Medical Center Public Affairs and Media Relations, 614-293-3737, Alexis.Shaw2@osumc.edu