- Master of Health Administration, Franklin University, 2016
- Bachelor of Science, Athletic Training, University of Evansville, 2007
- Associate of Science, Physical Therapist Assistant, University of Evansville, 2007
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Professional Medical 3 – Junior 2
- Certified Selective Functional Movement Assessment 2
- Certified Functional Movement Screen 2
Experience and Interests
Erik currently manages the sports medicine rehabilitation departments at The Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Insititute and the Recreation and Physical Activities Center (RPAC) on central campus. His interests include sports orthopedics and functional training of active populations. Erik has worked with a wide range of competitive athletes, including high school, collegiate and professional athletes.
Erik is a member of our Golf Performance team, utilizing his extensive training through the Titleist Performance Institute, where he gained a deep understanding of assessment and program implementation. These programs explore how injuries develop, explain how to access and treat them, and address specific physical limitations to improve performance. Erik’s training allows him to help athletes play the game at their highest level while reducing injury risk.
Erik’s clinical interests include using the Functional Movement Systems for rehabilitation and athlete performance enhancement with certification with the SFMA and FMS. He is also carries certification in Dry Needling through Integrative Dry Needling. These trainings have been instrumental to his practice in the physical therapy clinic and outreach services provided by OSU and across previous positions in scholastic and professional levels in Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio.