- Bachelor of Science, Athletic Training, Slippery Rock University, 2009
- Certified Athletic Trainer, 2009
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Old Dominion University, 2013
- Sports Physical Therapy Residency, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2014
- Board certified specialist in sports physical therapy, 2015
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- USA Weightlifting Level 1 Coach
- Crossfit Level 1 Certificate
Experience and Interests
Dr. Katherine L. Weber, PT, DPT, SCS, ATC, CSCS is a Physical Therapist at the Ohio State University Sports Medicine department. She received her B.S in Athletic training from Slippery Rock University in 2009 and her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Old Dominion University in 2013. Following graduation, she completed a sports physical therapy residency at The Ohio State University. In 2015 Dr. Weber became a board-certified specialist in sports Physical Therapy. She is an active member of OSU’s Barbell Athlete Performance Team, the Endurance Medicine Team, and Knee Outcome Team.
During her tenure as a Certified Athletic Trainer and sports Physical Therapist Kat has worked with countless athletic teams at varied levels of competition. She has extensive experience in managing athletes through the continuum of care from on-field injury to return to sport. Clinically, Dr. Weber has a special interest in treating the knee, weightlifting athletes, and endurance athletes. Kat’s personal interest in sports began in youth with gymnastics, soccer, and track and field and grew through college while play rugby at Slippery Rock University. As an adult, she has become a Crossfit/weightlifting athlete. Kat loves to blend her personal passion of fitness and weightlifting with her professional knowledge of biomechanics, injury management, load modifications, and training principles.