Central Ohio’s only adult transplant center, the Ohio State Comprehensive Transplant Center is a world leader in lifesaving care and transplant research.
- #8 transplant program, by volume, in the United States in 2020
- 11,000 solid organ transplants since 1967, a milestone achieved by less than 10% of all U.S. transplant centers
- Organ Assessment and Repair Center performs essential research to increase the number of donor organs available for transplantation with ex-vivo organ perfusion clinical trials for lung, liver and heart
- Multidisciplinary research collaboration with Nationwide Children’s Hospital at the Center for the Epidemiological Study of Organ Failure and Transplantation (CESOT) to improve outcomes in transplantation worldwide
- Members of the Acute Liver Failure Study Group, a collaborative network of 28 hospitals that have studied more than 3,000 cases of acute liver failure
- One of the largest and most experienced kidney-pancreas centers in the world
- Ability to perform living donor transplants of both the kidney and liver
- Only experts in central Ohio to perform auto islet cell transplantation to cure end-stage pancreatitis, which left untreated leads to diabetes
- Recognized as one of America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report for the 28th consecutive year with 9 nationally ranked specialties.