You know options abound just hearing some of the names of local restaurants: Mitchell’s Ocean Club, Martini Modern Italian, Katzinger’s Deli, Akai Hana, Melt Bar and Grilled, La Chatelaine, Cafe Istanbul, Dirty Frank’s Hot Dog Palace, Barcelona and Schmidt’s Sausage Haus und Restaurant. You certainly won’t go hungry.
Other choices include:
North Market — while most communities around Columbus offer seasonal farmer’s markets, this one is the granddaddy of them all. In operation since 1876, this downtown spot offers fresh everything.
- Arena District — restaurants, bars, sporting events, concerts, movies and entertainment, all just steps from the Convention Center and Nationwide Arena.
- German Village — great food and craft beer where Columbus’s German immigrants got their start.
- Short North Arts District — eat, drink, shop and admire the art.
- Hollywood Casino — the area’s only Vegas-style casino with dining and entertainment.
- Local brews and spirits — sample craft beer, wine, gin, vodka, bourbon and mead all made by Columbus entrepreneurs and local breweries. You can even reserve a Pedal Wagon to enjoy a 15-person rolling party as you sample food and drink around town.
- Food trucks — lucky for us, Columbus streets are teeming with some incredible restaurants on wheels.
to do in Columbus.