Columbus knows how to satisfy your cravings. While we’re the hometown of nationally known food brands—such as Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, Wendy’s, Bob Evans and White Castle—there’s plenty of tempting dishes from talented local chefs.
If you’re looking to eat and explore, options include:
- North Market — While most communities around Columbus offer seasonal farmers' markets, this one is the granddaddy of them all. In operation since 1876, this downtown spot offers fresh everything.
- Arena District — Restaurants, bars, sporting events, concerts, movies and entertainment, all just steps from the Convention Center and Nationwide Arena.
- German Village — Great food and craft beer where Columbus’s German immigrants got their start.
- Short North — Eat, drink, shop and admire the art.
- Hollywood Casino — The area’s only Vegas-style casino with dining and entertainment.
- Local brews and spirits — Sample craft beer, wine, gin, vodka, bourbon and mead all made by Columbus entrepreneurs and local breweries. You can even reserve a Pedal Wagon to enjoy a 15-person rolling party as you sample food and drink around town.
- Food trucks — Lucky for us, Columbus streets are teeming with some incredible restaurants on wheels.