Alejandro Diez, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-6724
About MeAs a transplant nephrologist at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I specialize in kidney and pancreas transplantation. I believe in providing an individualized approach to patient care. I focus specifically on each of my patients’ individual needs while implementing goals to improve patient outcomes.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University because of the collaborative and team environment and the many excellent specialists I am able to call my colleagues.
When I’m not working I enjoy relaxing with my family, reading, traveling and watching movies. I also like to spend time enjoying the outdoors and attending Ohio State football games.
- Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology
- Ohio State University College of Medicine Nephrology Core Liaison
- Research in clinical outcomes within transplantation
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Kidney Diseases
- Kidney Transplantation
- Graft Rejection
- Transplantation Immunology
- Pancreas Transplantation
- BK Virus
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Instituto Tecnologico de Santo Domingo
Wayne State University
7/1/2005 - 6/30/2007
Indiana University Hospital
7/1/2008 - 6/30/2010
Indiana University Hospital
7/1/2010 - 6/30/2011
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Nephrology)
150 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
53 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Diez has reported no relationships with companies or entities.