Amit Tandon, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8116
About MeMy comprehensive ophthalmology expertise includes specialization in cataract surgery along with LASIK and refractive surgery.
I chose this field after watching an ophthalmologist perform cataract surgery during medical school. This was such an intricate, precise surgery. I thought it was truly amazing.
The next day was even better. When the eye patch was removed, the patient could see again. It was life-changing for that patient. I knew I could do this for the rest of my life. Now, I'm a busy cataract surgeon performing more than 1,500 cataract surgeries yearly.
I'm especially interested in choosing lens implants for cataract surgery. Specialized implants can correct astigmatism as well as cataracts. Other implants can correct presbyopia, or the need for reading glasses. We can choose lens implants that can improve both distance and close-up vision and often eliminate or decrease dependence on glasses.
In my clinic, we really connect with every patient. Having a good bedside manner and connecting with patients is part of being a truly good physician.
Although I examine eyes and perform eye surgery every day, some patients are nervous about it. My goal is to make them more comfortable so their experience is easier and they get better outcomes. My staff feels the same way. We try to treat our patients as if they are our good friends or family members.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Director, Outreach Services
- Ophthalmology education and curriculum standards review
- Residency Review Committee
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2016–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Cataract Extraction
- Refractive Errors
- Capsule Opacification
- Photorefractive Keratectomy
Locations Where I Practice
Havener Eye Institute Dublin
Education and Training
Kellogg Eye Center
7/1/2004 - 6/30/2007
More About My Work
American Board of Ophthalmology
464 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
99 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Tandon has reported no relationships with companies or entities.