I specialize in stroke treatment. I became interested in stroke treatment as an intern when I mentored with a stroke neurologist. I’m also interested in the genetic and hereditary aspects of stroke.
I’m involved in a number of clinical trials that relate to stroke treatment and secondary prevention of stroke.
My favorite part about working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is the intellectual stimulation of my colleagues.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling, reading and watching movies.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014
- Involved in genesis of stroke treatment in Columbus
- Recipient of multiple teaching awards
- Principal investigator on multiple pivotal clinical trials
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Ctr
7/1/1981 - 6/30/1984
Specialties and conditions I treat
- Vasospasm, Intracranial
- Carotid Artery Diseases
- Brain Ischemia
- Susac Syndrome
- Vasculitis, Central Nervous System
- MELAS Syndrome
- Cerebrovascular Trauma
- Intracranial Arterial Diseases
- Vertebral Artery Dissection
- Intracranial Embolism and Thrombosis
- Amnesia, Transient Global
- Dementia, Vascular
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Cerebral Small Vessel Diseases
- Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations
- Leukomalacia, Periventricular
- Sneddon Syndrome
- Vascular Headaches
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Intracranial Hemorrhages
Locations where I practice
More about my work
American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Subspecialty: Neurology)
American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Subspecialty: Vascular Neurology)
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies, etc. because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/25/2016, Dr. Slivka has reported no financial relationships with medical device, research and/or drug companies, etc. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-7802.