Andrew Slivka, MD
About MeI try to provide the best medical care possible to all my patients. I listen to patients and respond to their wishes and concerns in developing a treatment plan.
I specialize in stroke treatment. I became interested in stroke treatment as an intern when I mentored with a stroke neurologist. I’m also interested in the genetic and hereditary aspects of stroke.
I’m involved in a number of clinical trials that relate to stroke treatment and secondary prevention of stroke.
My favorite part about working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is the intellectual stimulation of my colleagues.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling, reading and watching movies.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014
- Involved in genesis of stroke treatment in Columbus
- Recipient of multiple teaching awards
- Principal investigator on multiple pivotal clinical trials
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2015–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Vasospasm, Intracranial
- Carotid Artery Diseases
- Brain Ischemia
- Susac Syndrome
- Vasculitis, Central Nervous System
- MELAS Syndrome
- Cerebrovascular Trauma
- Intracranial Arterial Diseases
- Vertebral Artery Dissection
- Intracranial Embolism and Thrombosis
- Amnesia, Transient Global
- Dementia, Vascular
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Cerebral Small Vessel Diseases
- Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations
- Leukomalacia, Periventricular
- Sneddon Syndrome
- Vascular Headaches
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Intracranial Hemorrhages
Locations Where I Practice
Martha Morehouse Outpatient Care
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/1981 - 6/30/1984
Cerebro Vascular Disease
New York Hospital-Cornell Med Centr
7/1/1984 - 7/1/1987
More About My Work
American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Subspecialty: Neurology)
American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Subspecialty: Vascular Neurology)
168 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.5
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.9
28 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Slivka has reported no relationships with companies or entities.