Benjamin Kaffenberger, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-1707
About MeAs a dermatologist at Ohio State, I specialize in hospital dermatology and work with individuals who have complex medical diseases, drug and allergic reactions, and autoimmune skin diseases. I am interested in diseases like Stevens-Johnson syndrome, drug and allergy hypersensitivity syndromes, pyoderma gangrenosum and ulcerating skin conditions, vasculitis, hidradenitis suppurativa, graft-versus-host disease and skin conditions in cancer patients.
I take the time to talk with my patients about their conditions. I help them to understand all aspects of their diagnosis, answer any questions they may have and help them find the most cost-effective treatment option possible.
I like the collegial and world-class atmosphere that Ohio State offers. I also enjoy the challenge of treating rare and difficult diseases.
When I’m not working I enjoy spending time with my wife and children, especially in the outdoors.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Mikhail Novikov Faculty of the Year Award, Department of Family Medicine, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2015
- Dermatology Foundation Career Development Award, 2018
- My research interests include drug hypersensitivity syndromes, autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases, and conducting clinical trials to develop new therapeutics
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Drug Eruptions
- Graft vs Host Disease
- Lupus Erythematosus, Cutaneous
- Skin Care
- Dermatitis, Contact
- Skin Cancers
- Skin Diseases
- Dermatitis, Atopic
- Pyoderma Gangrenosum
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2011 - 6/30/2014
More About My Work
American Board of Dermatology
566 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
132 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Kaffenberger has reported no relationships with companies or entities.