Brad Rovin, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-4837
About MeAs a nephrologist, I specialize in autoimmune kidney disease. More specifically, I focus on how the immune system interacts with the kidney and causes renal inflammation and injury. My work includes both patient care and research, which together improve the way care is provided.
I provide cutting edge care to my patients who suffer from difficult and complex diseases mediated by the immune system. I’m able to effectively combine patient care with kidney pathology and experimental therapeutics. And, with the addition of our new glomerular diseases fellowship, I’ll be able to teach young people to continue our work into the future.
At The Ohio State University, I see many cases of pathology, which helps me learn all the various ways the immune system can attack the kidneys. With such a large network here at Ohio State, we have access to many resources to help improve our understanding and treatments of different diseases.
When I’m not working, I enjoy spending time outdoors and attending Ohio State football games. I also have a great passion for fly-fishing, and I plan to fish in every country to which I am invited to lecture.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015
- Lee A. Hebert Distinguished Professor of Nephrology at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, since 2014
- Donald V. Unverferth Award for Scholarly Excellence and Mentoring in Medical Research, 2012
- “America’s Best Doctors” in Nephrology and Glomerular Diseases, since 2005
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2015–2018
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Lupus Erythematosus, Systemic
- Lupus Nephritis
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Lupus Vasculitis, Central Nervous System
- Kidney Diseases
- Kidney Diseases, Cystic
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
7/1/1983 - 7/1/1986
Washington University Hospital
7/1/1986 - 6/30/1988
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Nephrology)
70 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 5
- Gives Understandable Instructions 5
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 5
- Time Spent Together 5
11 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Rovin has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-8000.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Biogen Idec
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly and Company
- EMD Serono, Inc.
- Genzyme Corporation
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Mallinckrodt PLC
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Pharmalink AB
- BioMarin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Ra Pharmaceuticals
- Rigel Pharmaceuticals
- Trinity Partners