Brian McMichael, MD
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 366-9211
About MeAs a physiatrist, I am passionate about cancer rehabilitation. I have found a true privilege in to work with cancer survivors and their families. It’s very rewarding to play a positive role in the process of their recovery. Even after a successful treatment, it can be very difficult for the survivor and his or her family as they face the functional challenges posed by cancer and it’s treatments.
I strive to assemble and facilitate the right interdisciplinary team to help my patients achieve their goals because I believe that by aligning with the goals of patients and their families, we will be more successful in providing treatment and helping make their futures brighter and more productive.
There is a strong innovative and collaborative spirit across all of the departments here at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. I really enjoy working in this team-based environment with my focused and dedicated colleagues.
In my free time I enjoy attending Ohio State football games, local festivals and traveling. I particularly enjoy attending live musical performances, being my musician-wife’s “roadie” and occasionally performing a little music myself, usually tucked away in the tenor section of a choir.
- Presented on cancer rehabilitation at the National Rehabilitation Hospital, Dublin, Ireland, 2015
- Completed my fellowship and obtained board certification in Hospice & Palliative Medicine, 2014
- Recognized for humanitarian rehabilitation medicine service after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, 2011
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Palliative Care
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of California Irvine School of Medicine
Detroit Receiving Hospital
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2009
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Tufts Medical Center
7/1/2009 - 6/30/2012
Hospice & Palliative Medicine
University of Pittsburg Medical Center (Montefiore)
7/1/2012 - 6/30/2013
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Hospice and Palliative Medicine)
American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. McMichael has reported no relationships with companies or entities.