About MeAs an orthopedic surgeon, I specialize in orthopedic trauma care with a special emphasis on geriatric care. I’m passionate about integrating cutting-edge technology into clinical care to significantly improve patient outcomes. I believe that everyone deserves the best quality of life no matter what stage of life they are in. I strive to be a catalyst of change through passion, authenticity and dynamic patient-physician relationships, ultimately leading to breakthroughs in orthopedic patient care.
At the age of 17, I sustained a traumatic knee injury and was confronted with news that I may not be able to walk in a few years without significant reconstructive surgery. Ohio State was one of the few centers in the country that could offer the care I needed. The outstanding treatment I received as a patient was a pivotal moment for me. It showed me what excellence meant to me as a patient, physician and researcher.
I was blessed with the opportunity to train at Ohio State for my residency, and I’m incredibly excited to be part of the multidisciplinary team that made it possible for me to recover and pursue my dream of becoming an orthopedic surgeon. Ohio State is a national leader in elderly orthopaedic care and aims to set the standard of care for our patients by exceling in orthopaedic research, education, clinical excellence and strategic innovations.
When I’m not working I enjoy spending time outdoors, reading, kayaking, swimming, hiking and relaxing with my family.
- One of two surgeons in the country to complete a geriatric orthopedic training fellowship
- Helped create criteria for fellowship certification in geriatric orthopedic trauma care through the International Geriatric Fracture Society, 2017
- Selected to participate in the National Institute of Health’s National Institute of Aging Bulter-Williams Scholar Program, 2016
- Member of the research team that received the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation Clinical Research Award for 15 years of collaborative research on knee injury prevention strategies, 2016
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Multiple Trauma
- Fractures, Malunited
- Hip Fractures
- Joint Deformities, Acquired
- Surgical Procedures, Operative
- Wounds and Injuries
- Fractures, Ununited
- Fractures, Bone
- Intra-Articular Fractures
- Shoulder Fractures
- Fractures, Spontaneous
Education and Training
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2011 - 6/30/2016
7/1/2016 - 6/30/2017
More About My Work
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Quatman has reported no relationships with companies or entities.