Cheryl Bourne, APRN-CNP
- Family Medicine
- Nurse Practitioner What's this? A nurse practitioner is extensively trained to treat illness or disease and to prescribe medication to their patients. They work on teams with a licensed physician, but can treat patients with significant autonomy. Nurse practitioners work in a variety of settings, including primary care and various other medical and surgical specialties.
About MeAs a family medicine nurse practitioner, I specialize in taking care of patients with diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, mental health disorders and most acute and chronic conditions. I also specialize in pediatric medicine and women’s health.
I feel that as a nurse practitioner, I bring a hands-on, one-on-one approach to each patient by including them in decision making to help them make the best decisions for their health through health promotion and disease prevention.
I love taking care of the entire family. It brings me great joy to get to know my patients, to help them better understand their baseline health and to help them to improve their health in any way I can.
I think Ohio State is the best medical center in central Ohio and have been working here since 2002. I absolutely love being a Buckeye!
When I’m not working, I enjoy spending family time with my husband and two young children, traveling and running.
- Member of AANP
- Received the Advanced Practice Provider award, level of proficient, 2016
- Clinical adjunct faculty member with the College of Nursing for educating and training nurse practitioner students
- I take part in a diverse residency and OB program at Rardin Family Practice
- Graduated with Honors
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity
- Preconception Care
- Chest Pain
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Reduction Programs
- Primary Care
More About My Work
134 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.3
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.7