Cynthia Kreger, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-0080
About MeMy love of educating others is an integral part of my medical career. As a specialist in general internal medicine, I’m committed to and passionate about educating patients in areas affecting their health and lifestyle. My goal is to help them feel empowered with information and individualized recommendations so they can make the best health care decisions. I have found that it’s crucial to understand what each patient values, cares about and often fears the most.
It was initially my love of questions and the pursuit of answers that drew me to medicine. However, after I began seeing patients, I found it was the human interactions and the formation of close relationships with colleagues, staff, students, residents and especially patients, that became the most meaningful and inspiring element for me.
My time at The Ohio State University has given me the opportunity to work alongside many amazing colleagues, residents and students, all who teach me a great deal on a daily basis.
When I’m not working, I enjoy traveling, cooking and entertaining friends and family.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Department of Internal Medicine, Earl Metz Distinguished Physician Award for Clinical Care and Educational Excellence, 2014
- Department of Internal Medicine, Excellence in Teaching Award, 2013
- Faculty Inductee into the Courage to Teach Program at Ohio State, 2010
- Faculty Inductee into the Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2009
- Listed in "Guide to America's Top Physicians," annually since 2002
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2004–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Women's Health
- Preventive Medicine
- Chronic Disease
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Washington School of Medicine
7/1/1986 - 6/30/1988
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
301 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 5
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
73 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Kreger has reported no relationships with companies or entities.