David Lindsey, MD
- Surgical Critical Care
- Trauma Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2101
About MeAs a trauma surgeon, I adjust my surgical skills to the problem at hand and seek consultation from others when the need arises. I treat all my patients as I would want a member of my family to be treated. I listen intently to my patients and try to meet their needs to the best of my ability while educating them on their illness and treatment options.
My research focus is teaching medical students, residents and fellows how to be compassionate when providing health care. My goal is to help them be excited and focused for their careers.
Every day at Ohio State I learn something new. I enjoy the opportunity to teach patients, families, medical students, residents and team members how to best deliver first rate compassionate care.
When I’m not working, I’m spending time with my family. Raising five active children with my loving wife gives me so much happiness. We enjoy spending time together outdoors, hiking and boating.
- Clinical Teacher of the Year award, 2012, 2015
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha medical honorary, 2016–present
- Received several honors for teaching diversity and medical student and resident education
- Harvard-Macy scholar for medical education, 2014
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Critical Care
- Intensive Care
- Surgical Procedures, Operative
- Multiple Trauma
- Wounds and Injuries
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Cardio Thoracic Surgery
Children's Hospital, Los Angeles
7/1/1981 - 6/30/1983
7/1/1977 - 6/30/1981
Surgical Critical Care
University of California Davis
7/1/2006 - 6/30/2007
More About My Work
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Surgery (Subspecialty: Surgical Critical Care)
Trauma, Critical Care and Burn
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Lindsey has reported no relationships with companies or entities.