Deborah Gordish, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 688-7150
About MeI am a primary care doctor who sees patients 18 years of age and older.
I want to provide patients with excellent quality care and to help educate them on their health needs. Helping patients meet their individual health goals is very important to me.
My clinical interests include preventive medicine and rheumatologic disorders.
What I enjoy most about working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is the ability for patients to receive top-level specialty and primary care. I enjoy teaching young physicians, both in the hospital and at the internal medicine residency longitudinal clinic.
I’m proud to call Ohio home. I grew up in the Westerville area, attended Miami University for undergraduate education and then went to medical school at University of Cincinnati.
My husband and I have three children. In my spare time, I enjoy swimming, bicycling and cooking. I volunteer at the Grace Free Clinic in Delaware.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015, 2016, 2017
- America's Best Doctors, U.S. News & World Report, 2007
- Assistant Professor, General Internal Medicine
- Resident Teacher Recognition Award
- Best Doctor in America 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Internal Medicine
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Primary Care
- Preventive Medicine
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Riverside Methodist Hospital
6/1/1997 - 6/1/1999
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
514 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
107 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Gordish has reported no relationships with companies or entities.