Erin McConnell, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 688-7150
About MeI spent a fair amount of time as a patient growing up. This showed me the impact (for better or worse) a physician can have on a patient’s health. Being a patient is a universal experience. As doctors, we need to bring those recollections to our patient care interactions.
I like to encourage patients to learn about their health conditions. I involve them in decision-making for chronic health conditions and preventative care. I want to encourage the atmosphere of partnership in health care.
What brings me the most satisfaction about my day is when I’m able to meet patients “where they are” — not just from a health standpoint, but from a social, financial and emotional standpoint, too. It’s also great when I can see patients make positive changes in their lives and reduce their need for medication.
- Board certified in internal medicine and pediatrics
- Precept residents in internal medicine clinic weekly
- Faculty class advisor
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2016, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Adolescent Medicine
- Minority Health
- Preventive Medicine
- Women's Health
- Integrative Medicine
- Chronic Disease
- Complementary Therapies
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Good Samaritan Hospital
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2010
More About My Work
212 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 5
- Time Spent Together 4.9
42 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. McConnell has reported no relationships with companies or entities.