Fara Bellows, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8155
About MeI’m a urologist here at Ohio State and I specialize in general urology. I’m passionate about being able to practice both medicine and surgery. I believe in treating each patient as if he or she were a member of my family and I ensure that every person is getting the very best possible care.
My favorite part about working here at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is the friendly nature of my fellow faculty members, as well as the patients.
When I’m not working I like to spend my free time reading, enjoying the outdoors and relaxing with my family.
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha
- Published multiple papers on voiding dysfunction
- Graduated with honors from medical school
- Clerkship Director
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Cystitis, Interstitial
- Kidney Calculi
- Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Suburethral Slings
- Transurethral Resection of Prostate
- Ureteral Calculi
- Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Bladder Calculi
- Urinary Bladder Diseases
- Urinary Bladder Fistula
- Urinary Bladder Neck Obstruction
- Urinary Bladder, Neurogenic
- Urinary Bladder, Overactive
- Urinary Calculi
- Urinary Catheterization
- Urinary Catheters
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Incontinence, Stress
- Urinary Incontinence, Urge
- Urinary Retention
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Urologic Diseases
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
SUNY Health Science Center College of Medicine
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
7/1/2011 - 6/30/2015
More About My Work
American Board of Urology
297 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.5 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.6
- Listens Carefully 4.6
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.3
- Knows My Medical History 4.2
- Shows Respect 4.6
- Time Spent Together 4.4
65 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Bellows has reported no relationships with companies or entities.