Ian Valerio, MD
- Plastic Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8566
About MeAs a plastic surgeon, I specialize in wound and burn reconstruction, limb salvage, traumatic reconstruction and oncologic or tumor based reconstruction.
I believe that the best way I can help patients is to provide them with the best surgical options. My care philosophy involves combining traditional reconstructive techniques and regenerative therapies with new and innovative ones in order to improve patient outcomes.
The most rewarding part about my work is restoring and reconstructing patients who have been affected by a traumatic injury or a severe tumor defect. I am glad that I have the opportunity to help my patients achieve a more normalized life. I thoroughly enjoy seeing them return to their families and enjoying what many thought may have been taken away from them.
- Research interests: adipose-derived stem cell therapies, targeted muscle reinnervation and craniofacial restoration strategies
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2016
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Soft Tissue Cancers
- Sarcoma, Kaposi
- Surgery, Plastic
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Nerve Transfer
- Wounds and Injuries
- Cosmetic Techniques
- Breast Implants
- Botulinum Toxins
- Hernia, Abdominal
- Limb Salvage
- Dermatologic Surgical Procedures
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
6/29/2004 - 6/30/2010
More About My Work
American Board of Plastic Surgery
News About Me
112 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.7
23 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Valerio has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office.
- Allergan Inc.
- Integra Lifesciences Corporation
- Novadaq Technologies, Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- AxoGen, Inc
- Johnson & Johnson
- ACell Inc.
- Checkpoint Surgical