Thanks to evolving surgical advancements, we can partner with patients to provide less invasive surgical procedures. These techniques help to achieve better results, while enhancing patients' comfort level, results and recovery.
In addition to minimally invasive surgery, I specialize in natural orifice surgery, surgical endoscopy, gallbladder and bile duct stones.
I value Ohio State's collaborative, multidisciplinary approach. We bring together many areas of expertise, and through teamwork, improve patient care.
In my free time, I enjoy relaxing with my family. I also like to read, travel and enjoy the outdoors, especially when it's a good day for a round of golf.
- Chief, Division of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Brandeis Healthcare Leadership Award, 2012
- Co-Chair, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) Global Affairs Committee
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of America’s “Top Doctors” for 2017
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University
7/1/1992 - 6/30/1999
Specialties and conditions I treat
- General Surgery
- Digestive System Diseases
- Cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic
- Emphysematous Cholecystitis
- Endoscopy, Gastrointestinal
- Common Bile Duct Diseases
- Cholangiopancreatography, Endoscopic Retrograde
- Biliary Tract Surgical Procedures
- Gastric Outlet Obstruction
- Hernia, Abdominal
- Hernia, Diaphragmatic
- Hernia, Hiatal
- Hernia, Inguinal
- Hernia, Umbilical
- Hernia, Ventral
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Natural Orifice Endoscopic Surgery
- General Surgery
Locations where I practice
More about my work
Cleveland Clinic Hospital
7/1/1999 - 6/30/2000
American Board of Surgery
General and Gastrointestinal Surgery
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/28/17, Dr. Hazey has reported financial relationships with the medical device, research and/or drug companies listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-7802.