Jeffrey Weiland, MD
- Pulmonary Disease
- Sleep Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-4925
About MeAs a pulmonologist at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center I treat all facets of lung health and disease. I try to get to know my patients not only medically, but on a personal level as well. I believe that medical conditions and illnesses are a journey that my patients and I take together. Medicine is truly the ultimate profession of service to others!
I love working at an academic medical center where I have the opportunity to care for patients and teach the next generation of physicians. I’ve always believed this was a great university since coming here to play football in 1972.
When I’m not working I enjoy spending my free time fly fishing.
- Former president of the Ohio Thoracic Society
- Lead.Serve.Inspire (LSI) preceptor of the year, The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Medical director of the Victory Ministries Free Clinic for the past nine years
- Medical director of the Respiratory Therapy Undergraduate Program for the past 20 years
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Locations Where I Practice
Outpatient Care Upper Arlington
Martha Morehouse Outpatient Care
Heart and Vascular Center at Bellefontaine
Education and Training
Medical College of Virginia Hospitals
7/1/1980 - 6/30/1982
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/1982 - 6/30/1984
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Pulmonary Disease)
Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
198 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.6
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.8
31 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Weiland has reported no relationships with companies or entities.