Joan Simon, PhD
- Psychologist What's this? A psychologist is extensively trained to help people learn to cope more effectively with life issues and mental health illnesses. They are licensed to provide a number of service, including evaluations, therapy and other evidence-based treatments. A common type of treatment is talk therapy (sometimes called cognitive behavioral therapy), but there are many types of therapy styles.
Appointments: (614) 688-6490
About MeAs a psychologist, I am interested in the intersection of mental health and social circumstance. I consider my work with patients to be both an art and a science. I find it rewarding to help patients daily who struggle to find support and solutions.
I have been a psychologist since 1996 and I have a doctorate in Sociology. My practice is broad in focus and direction, and I use a wide range of strategies for individuals, couples and families.
The staff here at Ohio State is extremely team-oriented, making it a great place to work. In addition, there is an enormous amount of support from the leadership.
In my free time I enjoy relaxing with my family, traveling and reading. I am fluent in Latin and I am currently learning Middle English. I am very active in the theatre community and I am on the advisory boards of two local theatre companies.
- Supervise psychology PhD candidates
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Primary Care
Education and Training
Mount Carmel Behavioral HealthCare
7/1/1996 - 6/30/1997
More About My Work
55 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 5
- Listens Carefully 5
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 5
- Time Spent Together 4.7
10 Patient Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Simon has reported no relationships with companies or entities.