Joseph Rosenthal, MD
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 366-9211
About MeI specialize in an area of medicine called physical medicine and rehabilitation. This means I help patients recover function that they have lost due to a variety of injuries and diseases including stroke and traumatic brain injury.
Doing what I can to help patients return to their family and lives after these potentially life-altering brain injuries is extremely rewarding.
The thing I enjoy most about working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is collaborating every day with fantastic physicians, nurses and therapists to help our patients recover and gain function as quickly and safely as possible. This team approach to patient care is not only great for patients, but also makes coming to work enjoyable.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2017
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Chief Resident, Ohio State Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (2009-2010)
- Research interest in falls prevention
- Best Doctor in America 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Brain Injuries
- Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Cognition Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Headache
- Muscle Spasticity
- Hypoxia, Brain
- Diffuse Axonal Injury
- Gait Disorders, Neurologic
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2010
More About My Work
American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
162 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
29 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Rosenthal has reported no relationships with companies or entities.