Kanu Goyal, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery – Hand Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 366-4263
About MeAs an orthpedic hand and upper extremity surgeon, I first like to understand how my patients’ medical issues affect their lives, including everything from their job to their hobbies. I spend some time understanding the history of their presenting problem and then after a careful examination, I try to diagnose the problem. In my practice, it is important to me that patients understand their diagnosis, so that together we can have an informed discussion of how to best address their problem.
I find the hand and upper extremity to be a biomechanical wonder. As a prior engineer, the delicate and meticulous interplay between the bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons and nerves fascinates me. In addition to helping patients, I also take pleasure in teaching what I know and sharing my experiences with the next generation of doctors and orthopedic surgeons. Finally, it is important to me that I contribute to the advancement of my field by performing research to continue to better understand the intricacies of the hand and arm for future patient care.
In my free time, I enjoy working on home projects, exercising and relaxing with my family.
- Summa Cum Laude and Biomedical Engineering Chairman's Award – Case Western Reserve University, 2003
- O'Donoghue Sport Injury Research Award, The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, 2011
- Patient Safety Award, Richard Simmons Speak Up for Safety, 2012
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2016 and 2017
- Orthopedic Educator of the Year 2017, voted by orthopedic residents
- Orthopedic Educator of the Year 2017 and 2018, voted by OSU medical students
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Surgical Procedures, Operative
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand Injuries
- Fractures, Bone
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Arm Injuries
- Hand Deformities
- Wrist Injuries
- Arthroplasty, Replacement
- Elbow Joint
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
7/1/2008 - 6/30/2012
8/1/2013 - 7/30/2014
More About My Work
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (Subspecialty: Surgery of the Hand)
345 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.6 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.2
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.6
82 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Goyal has reported no relationships with companies or entities.