Katherine Strafford, MD
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 229-3069
About MeI practice in general obstetrics and gynecology. It’s a privilege to work with so many wonderful women throughout their lives. I appreciate the opportunity to help them meet some of life’s greatest joys and challenges.
It's important to me to engage my patients in their care. Together, we can find healthcare approaches that best meet their individual needs. I enjoy accomplishing this while also maintaining best practices recommended by evidence-based medicine.
Working at Ohio State allows me to have immediate access to the latest updates, including medical practice and research. The best in primary and specialty care co-management is here.
Ohio State also allows us to maintain a connection with the bright, enthusiastic minds that are the next generation of outstanding healthcare providers.
When I'm not on the job, I enjoy relaxing with my family, reading and traveling.
- Best Doctors list, 2010–2013
- Outstanding Achievement in Patient Service, 2013
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence in Teaching Award, 2013
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2016–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Women's Health
- Reproductive Health
- Prenatal Care
- Genital Diseases, Female
- Education, Medical
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2003 - 6/30/2006
More About My Work
American Board of OB/GYN
General Obstetrics and Gynecology
248 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
39 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Strafford has reported no relationships with companies or entities.