Kevin Goist, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-0080
About MeAs a general internist, I work as a primary care doctor. What does that mean? I like to think of it as the doctor who knows you best, and the first one that you turn to with your health concerns. One of the great things about being a primary care physician is the long-term relationships that are formed with patients—and in many cases, their families, too. This really allows me to work with patients to meet their individualized health care goals in the larger context of who they are as a person and with respect to some of the personal challenges that they face in their daily lives.
Practicing general internal medicine allows me to provide a wide breadth of care for patients across different specialties. This ranges from preventive health care (diet, exercise, cancer screening, vaccinations) to acute illness to management of long-term medical conditions such as diabetes. I love the intellectual challenge that this provides.
I am most passionate about educating the future doctors that are training at Ohio State, and it is quite likely that you may meet some of them when you come to see me. I also devote two months per year to working as the attending physician on some of the OSUWMC’s hospital teaching services and spend one day per week supervising the Internal Medicine Resident Clinic.
I’m proud to be a United States Air Force veteran.
- The Linda Strout Faculty Teaching Award in Ambulatory Medicine, 2017
- Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award, 2017
- Internal Medicine “Mentor of the Year,” 2017
- James J. Leonard Award for Excellence in Teaching Internal Medicine, USUHS/WPMC, 2012
- Commendation for Meritorious Service as a U.S. Air Force physician, 2013
- Wright-Patterson Medical Center Military Excellence Award, 2010
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2016, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Internal Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Primary Care
- Diabetes Mellitus
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
West Virginia University School of Medicine
Wright Patterson Air Force Base Medical Center
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2010
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
298 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
81 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Goist has reported no relationships with companies or entities.