Khalid Mumtaz, MBBS
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-6255
About MeAs a hepatologist, I manage patients with various liver diseases due to alcohol abuse as well as hepatitis A, B, C, D and E. One of my other areas of clinical interest is the emerging problem of fatty liver disease and its associated complications. I especially enjoy managing the care of patients following liver transplants.
I work to provide my patients with individualized and passionate care. I believe that care should be provided with empathy and in a humble manner. I also believe in treating my patients as if they were my own brother, sister or parent.
I have experience working in many diverse healthcare systems in various parts of the world. There hasn’t been any place, however, that can compare to Ohio State’s diversity of healthcare and culture, as well as its friendly and good-natured atmosphere.
When I’m not working I like to spend my free time playing cricket, traveling, reading, watching movies, enjoying the outdoors and relaxing with my family.
- Received the Young Investigator Award for my presentation on ‘Epidemiology of Hepatitis Delta Virus’ at the Asian Pacific Association for the Study of Liver (APASL), 2002
- Published over 50 peer-reviewed papers in PubMed indexed medical journals
- Supervised more than 20 fellows in Pakistan, Canada and the United States
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Liver Transplantation
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Digestive System Diseases
- Liver Cancers
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Dow Medical College
Aga Khan University Hospital
12/1/1996 - 4/30/2001
3/1/1994 - 9/30/1995
Liaquat National Hospital
10/1/1995 - 11/30/1996
Aga Khan University Hospital
11/1/2001 - 10/31/2004
Toronto General Hospital
1/17/2011 - 6/30/2012
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
7/1/2008 - 6/30/2009
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Gastroenterology)
Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
223 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.8
59 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Mumtaz has reported no relationships with companies or entities.