Laura Boxley, PhD
- Psychologist What's this? A psychologist is extensively trained to help people learn to cope more effectively with life issues and mental health illnesses. They are licensed to provide a number of service, including evaluations, therapy and other evidence-based treatments. A common type of treatment is talk therapy (sometimes called cognitive behavioral therapy), but there are many types of therapy styles.
Appointments: (614) 293-9600
About MeAs a board certified clinical neuropsychologist, I assess the cognitive and psychiatric symptoms associated with different medical illnesses such as neurodegenerative disease, cancer and acquired brain injury. I'm passionate about neuropsychology because it can help improve diagnostic accuracy and provide solutions for treatment and management of illness. I also enjoy the opportunity to participate in multidisciplinary research with my colleagues in medicine and education.
Neuropsychological assessment provides a unique opportunity to translate brain-behavior relationships into practical and understandable terms. My goal is to provide each patient with a better understanding of their cognitive functioning so they can make well-informed decisions regarding their health and quality of life.
I enjoy the many professional relationships I have made during my time at The Ohio State University. Our collaborative efforts help to continually challenge me, improve my skills and ultimately provide our patients with the highest level of care.
When I’m not busy in the clinic, I enjoy spending my free time renovating my home and relaxing with my family.
- Director of Clinical Neuropsychology Training
- Jointly appointed in neurology and psychology
- Collaborate on multiple ongoing research studies
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Neuropsychological Tests
- Psychological Tests
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Memory Disorders
Education and Training
VA Medical Center
8/22/2011 - 8/16/2013
More About My Work
News About Me
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Boxley has reported no relationships with companies or entities.