When I see a patient, I combine the latest proven methods with an empathic and respectful style. Using my expertise in cognitive-behavioral therapy, I build individualized treatments based off of my patients’ strengths, to maximize effectiveness.
One of the best parts of working at Ohio State for more than 20 years, has been the opportunity to work with passionate, caring and talented colleagues. Here at Ohio State, patients come from all kinds of backgrounds and experience different obstacles, but our network helps us provide them with the support and care they need.
When I’m not working, I like to relax with my family, read and play chess. After spending so much time in the office, I love being outdoors.
- Directed cognitive behavior therapy training for Ohio State’s Department of Psychiatry for the past 10 years
- Published book on cognitive behavior therapy
- Founding fellow, Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- Postdoctoral training with Aaron Beck, the founder of cognitive therapy and designated expert in cognitive behavior therapy by the American Board of Professional Psychology
Specialties and conditions I treat
- Stress Disorders, Post-Traumatic
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Phobic Disorders
- Cognitive Therapy
More about my work
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies, etc. because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/25/2016, Dr. Needleman has reported no financial relationships with medical device, research and/or drug companies, etc. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-7802.