Mark Troyer, MD, MPH
- Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 688-6470
About MeAs an internist and primary care physician, I believe in providing my patients with individualized care based on the best scientific evidence available. I make sure to partner with each of my patients in order to help improve his or her health.
I specialize in global health and I’m particularly interested in refugee medicine. I’m passionate about providing the highest quality care to everyone, especially the medically underserved.
My favorite part about working here at Ohio State is the vast amount of resources that are available to help me care for my patients. I also enjoy working in such a vibrant academic setting where there is much collaboration and shared learning among the faculty.
When I’m not working, I like to spend my free time relaxing with my family and enjoying the outdoors.
- Generalist Scholar, University of Virginia, 2006 – 2012
- Global health resident, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2012 – 2015
- Course Director, Community Health Education, OSU College of Medicine
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Internal Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Virginia School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
7/1/2013 - 6/30/2015
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
192 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
42 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Troyer has reported no relationships with companies or entities.