MaryJo Welker, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-4980
About MeI have been a practicing family physician and serving my patients for more than 30 years.
I believe in shared decision making so that patients are engaged in their health care.
I love family medicine because it allows me to have a long-term doctor/patient relationship with a variety of individuals with different ages, different diseases and different perspectives and experiences.
I enjoy the people that I work with and the fact that we look forward to making things better for our patients.
What I enjoy about The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is that we’re an integrated healthcare system, where all records are in the same place with computer access from any of our sites. This allows doctors to view a patient’s records and communicate electronically, which supports patient engagement.
- Chair of Ohio State’s Family Medicine Department for 14 years
- American Academy of Family Physicians Board of Directors
- Past President of American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation
- Best Doctor in America 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Family Practice
- Hospital Administration
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Riverside Methodist Hospital
6/1/1976 - 6/30/1979
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
379 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
85 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Welker has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-8000.
- Quality Management Consulting