Melissa Davis, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 688-6490
About MeAs a family medicine physician, I have a strong interest in primary care for transgender individuals, adolescent healthcare, women’s care and chronic disease management.
Family medicine is about empowering patients to take charge of their own health. As family physicians we are uniquely equipped to make our healthcare system more inclusive, engaging and patient centered.
I meet my patients wherever they are in their healthcare journey. It’s rewarding to make decisions with my patients and support them in their wellness goals, as well as create news ones once they reach those goals.
My favorite part about working at Ohio State is being part of a large academic institution where we have a dual mission of service and education. I have the opportunity to care for a diverse patient population in an urban setting in addition to teaching medical students and residents.
In my free time I enjoy hiking, biking and traveling with my husband and our two children.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
- Patients within Populations Preceptor of the Year, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2017
- Family Medicine Residency Urban Track Preceptor of the Year, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2016
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Women's Health
- Preconception Care
- Intrauterine Devices
- Primary Care
- Education, Medical
- Health Promotion
- Health Services for Transgendered Persons
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Latin American School of Medicine
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2013 - 6/30/2015
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
188 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
50 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Davis has reported no relationships with companies or entities.