Melissa Goist, MD
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-3069
About MeAs a physician who specializes in obstetrics and gynecology, my role in the lives of my patients is very rewarding. I love the continuity and relationships that I build with them during their reproductive years. These relationships continue to develop throughout a patient's lifetime.
My philosophy of care is to consider every patient's unique personal and healthcare needs and desires. They can vary widely depending on what each individual is seeking to achieve from each appointment with me. Every visit to my office is focused on the patient's needs and concerns at that time.
One of the things I enjoy about practicing medicine at Ohio State is the continuity of care between and among physicians. Each contributes specialized expertise, and this benefits physicians and patients alike.
In my free time, I enjoy reading, traveling and relaxing with my family.
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2015–2018
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Recipient of numerous medical student and resident teaching awards
- Best Doctor Award, 2014
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of America’s “Top Doctors,” 2017
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Women's Health
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Reproductive Health
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2000 - 6/30/2004
More About My Work
American Board of OB/GYN
General Obstetrics and Gynecology
307 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
45 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Goist has reported no relationships with companies or entities.