Michael Langan, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 688-6470
About MeAs a general internist, I provide preventive care and treatment for cardiovascular diseases as well as a range of different conditions including diabetes and hypertension. I chose a career in medicine because, as a child, I saw the impact that physicians can have on others – not only through prescriptions and tests, but through the comfort they provide families during challenging times. I am most passionate about working as a spokesperson and educator for my patients. I believe in getting to know my patients and working together with them to develop individualized care plans that take into consideration their unique preferences, beliefs and values.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center for a number of reasons, but the one that stands out the most is the opportunity to develop longitudinal relationships with my patients and their families. This was a key aspect in my decision to pursue a career in medicine and so far, I've had many rewarding experiences in my role here at Ohio State.
In my free time, I enjoy being around family and friends.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014–present
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
- Associate clinical professor of internal medicine
- Member, American College of Physicians, American Academy of Family Physicians and the American Medical Association
- Lead physician for OSU General Internal Medicine at CarePoint East
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Preventive Medicine
- Diabetes Mellitus
Locations Where I Practice
Outpatient Care Lewis Center
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2005 - 6/30/2007
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
367 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 5
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
113 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Langan has reported no relationships with companies or entities.