About MeAs an obstetrician and gynecologist, I specialize in the care of women. It is truly an honor to be a part of someone's life and care for her as she celebrates the birth of a new baby, mourns a loss, or moves into menopause. I have an amazing job.
I believe in getting to know my patients. Through knowing my patients better, I can provide them with personalized, evidence-based, high-quality care.
Having completed my residency at Ohio State, left for fellowship and then returned to practice here, I know just how special this place is. I feel fortunate to work here and to be able to care for patients at Ohio State. I know my patients have access to the best people and the best that medicine has to offer.
In my free time, I enjoy traveling, and I love to cook for friends. I also enjoy running and training for half marathons — and maybe a marathon one day.
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of America’s “Top Doctors” for 2015
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Resident teaching awards, including CREOG National Faculty Award (2009) and Award of Excellence in Resident Teaching (2012)
- Scientific abstracts prize, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Annual Clinical Meeting, May 2013
- Board Member, Society of Family Planning and Junior Fellow Committee Chair
- Best Doctor in America 2017
Specialties and conditions I treat
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Family Planning Services
Locations where I practice
Education and training
University of Minnesota, Duluth School of Medicine
University of Minnesota
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2003 - 3/30/2006
More about my work
Family Planning and Conception
Oregon Health & Sciences University
7/1/2006 - 6/30/2008
American Board of OB/GYN
General Obstetrics and Gynecology
113 Patient Satisfaction ReviewsThe patient satisfaction rating is an average of all responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 5
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 5
- Time Spent Together 4.9
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/28/2017, Dr. Isley has reported no financial relationships with medical device, research and/or drug companies.