Nicole Hollingshead-Dysert, PhD
- Psychologist What's this? A psychologist is extensively trained to help people learn to cope more effectively with life issues and mental health illnesses. They are licensed to provide a number of service, including evaluations, therapy and other evidence-based treatments. A common type of treatment is talk therapy (sometimes called cognitive behavioral therapy), but there are many types of therapy styles.
Appointments: (614) 293-2700
About MeAs a clinical psychologist, I provide evidence-based care for patients with mental health issues including anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and trauma. I also provide care for individuals living with chronic conditions such as chronic pain, insomnia and obesity. I use cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, exposure and response prevention therapy, prolonged exposure and other cognitive-behavioral interventions to help my patients learn how to cope and lead fulfilling lives.
I use a holistic approach to care that takes into consideration the biological, psychological and sociocultural factors that lead to health conditions and provide targeted treatments to help my patients get back on the path to wellness.
My favorite part about working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is the opportunity to collaborate with a group of excellent practitioners who are dedicated to providing comprehensive quality care to our patients.
Outside of work I enjoy being outdoors, cooking, exploring new sites and restaurants, reading and spending time with my family and friends.
- Health psychology graduate student research grant, American Psychological Association Division 38, 2015
- Selected as one of the top 50 graduate students at Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), 2015
- Research award recipient, IUPUI Clinical Psychology Department, 2016
- Member, the Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies, the Society for Behavioral Medicine and the American Psychological Association
- My research focuses on the influence of gender and ethnicity on providers’ decisions for chronic pain treatment, specifically looking at provider bias
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Pain Management
- Mind-Body Therapies
- Health Promotion
Education and Training
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/31/2017 - 7/30/2018
More About My Work
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Hollingshead-Dysert has reported no relationships with companies or entities.