Patrick Youssef, MD
- Neurological Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
About MeAs a neurosurgeon, I specialize in open and endovascular neurosurgery and am one of only a handful of dually trained vascular neurosurgeons in the nation. I strive to deliver the best possible care to my patients and provide treatments for cerebrovascular diseases including acute stroke, brain aneurysms, brain arteriovenous malformations, cranial and spinal dural fistulas, spinal vascular malformations, intracranial artery stenosis and extracranial artery stenosis.
My patient care philosophy is to always treat patients with the utmost compassion and respect. I treat every patient as if they are a member of my family, and strive to understand the unique needs and desires of each and every patient to preserve or maintain quality of life.
I enjoy working in Ohio State’s academic setting, where I can participate in resident education, research and clinical care. It's a privilege to collaborate with providers who value excellence in health care. Everything a patient needs for his or her treatment and recovery, from the intensive care unit to a nationally recognized on-site rehabilitation institute, is right here at Ohio State. Because of our resources, we’re able to provide our patients with the most comprehensive quality care.
In my free time, I enjoy relaxing with my family, watching movies, traveling, reading and spending time outdoors.
- Graduated with honors from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine
- My research interests include the inflammatory and vascular response to subarachnoid hemorrhage, novel therapeutic modalities for complex aneurysms, evaluation of new devices and techniques for the treatment of all facets of neurovascular disorders and the prevention and treatment of vasospasm
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Spinal Diseases
- Intracranial Aneurysm
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
State University of New York at Buffalo
Medical College of Georgia Hospital
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2012
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
Emory University Hospital
7/1/2012 - 6/30/2014
More About My Work
72 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.6
- Knows My Medical History 4.3
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.7
7 Patient Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Youssef has reported no relationships with companies or entities.