Philip Hart, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
About MeAs a gastroenterologist, my clinical experience involving patients with pancreatic disorders has impacted my research interests. Through research, I’m motivated to improve patient care for individuals with diseases that are both difficult to diagnose and to treat.
I believe in providing patients with a comprehensive evaluation, which helps determine the nature of their symptoms and develop an effective management plan.
What I enjoy most about working here at Ohio State is the ability to give patients access to a wide variety of services by working with a variety of highly skilled specialists. These services include advanced imaging and endoscopy, surgery, nutrition and other medical specialties.
In my free time, I enjoy being outdoors, attending Ohio State football games and relaxing with my family.
- Medical Director, Section of Pancreatic Disorders Center
- Member of the American Pancreatic Association
- Invited to lecture on the management of pancreatic diseases at national meetings
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Pancreatic Islets Transplantation
- Pancreatic Cyst
- Pancreatic Cancers
- Neurosecretory Systems
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
7/1/2008 - 6/30/2010
7/1/2010 - 6/30/2013
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Gastroenterology)
Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
63 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 5
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 5
- Time Spent Together 5
27 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Hart has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office.
- KC Specialty Therapeutics, LLC
- AbbVie Inc.