Rajiv Chandawarkar, MBBS
- Plastic Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8566
About MeAs a plastic surgeon, I provide microsurgical solutions for patients with a variety of complex defects, as well as a fair amount of cosmetic surgery. As the director of Ohio State’s Limb Preservation Program, I work to prevent amputations in patients who have severe wounds on their extremities. I also perform cancer reconstruction surgery for patients with breast cancer, head and neck cancer and cancer in their limbs.
I don’t see myself as just a service provider. My goal is to make sure that I connect with my patients on a deeper level while providing their healthcare needs.
The most rewarding part about my job is that I am able to make a difference in people’s lives. With all of the rules, regulations and paperwork that come with being a physician, it’s the opportunity to connect with my patients that makes me want to get up each morning and come to work.
- Member of the Association of Academic Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Research Council, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Received the NEOUCOM Department of Surgery Research Award, 1999
- Received the John P. Minton Oncology Award, American College of Surgeons, 2000
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2016–2018
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Surgery, Plastic
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Breast Cancer
- Wounds and Injuries
- Cosmetic Techniques
- Breast Implants
- Botulinum Toxins
- Skin Cancers
- Dermatologic Surgical Procedures
Locations Where I Practice
Eye and Ear Institute
Education and Training
Tata Memorial Hospital
7/1/1988 - 6/30/1992
Akron General Medical Center
7/1/1997 - 6/30/2000
Summa Health Care System
7/1/2000 - 6/30/2002
Seth G.S. Medical College and Kem Hospital
7/1/1985 - 6/30/1988
Tata Memorial Hospital
7/1/1992 - 6/30/1993
MD Anderson Cancer Center
7/1/2002 - 6/30/2003
More About My Work
American Board of Plastic Surgery
68 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.5
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.6
14 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Chandawarkar has reported no relationships with companies or entities.