Riza Conroy, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2614
About MeAs a primary care physician, I specialize in family medicine, preventative health care, women's health, chronic medical care, geriatrics and pediatrics. I believe that compassion in a positive patient-physician relationship can be combined with excellent scientific research to bring both peace and harmony to one's mind, body and spirit.
My approach to patient care revolves mainly around the active involvement of my patients and their families in determining the correct approach for progressive and individualized treatment. I love helping others to achieve their optimal medical well being. I try to be sensitive to my patients' needs and designs their care plans according to their specific goals.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University because I’m able to explore my potential with the full support of the College of Medicine and the Family Medicine Department. I have an amazing department chair and team of colleagues. The people here are definitely OSU's most valuable asset.
I never want to lose the magic of living, so in my free time I enjoy traveling, reading, hiking, eating, being outdoors and having great conversations and laughing with my friends and family.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Medical Director, Columbus Helping Hands Free Clinic, 2007- present
- Nominee for Health Care Heroes by Business First, 2012
- Best Teacher Award, The Ohio State University Department of Family Medicine, 2012
- Facilitator for medical students, 2008 - 2015
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Women's Health
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
West Visayas State University
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2000 - 6/30/2003
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Saint Joseph Hospital
9/1/1996 - 3/1/1997
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
323 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
84 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Conroy has reported no relationships with companies or entities.