Robert Magnussen, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-3600
About MeMy approach to patient care is always focused on the unique goals of each patient. Whether a patient wants to return to a varsity sport or walk without pain, I work with each of them to establish goals and chart a treatment course.
I specialize in the treatment of sports injuries, including both operative and non-operative care. While I treat injuries throughout the body, my primary area of interest is the knee. I am interested in ligament injuries, such as the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and dislocations of the kneecap. My role as both a clinician and researcher allows me to translate the results of my research in these areas directly to my patients.
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we’re extremely fortunate to have access to top experts in every medical field and the best technology available. Our team approach to patient care allows every patient to benefit from these resources.
- Clinical research award, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Bruce and Susan Edwards Sports Medicine Professorship in Injury Prevention
- Traveling Fellow, European Federation Orthopaedic Sports Traumatology
- Member, International ACL Study Group
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Patellar Dislocation
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament
- Knee Injuries
- Athletic Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Sprains and Strains
- Patellar Ligament
- Patellofemoral Joint
Locations Where I Practice
Stoneridge Medical Services
Education and Training
Vanderbilt University Hospital
7/1/2004 - 6/30/2005
Vanderbilt University Hospital
7/1/2005 - 6/30/2009
Duke University Medical Center
8/1/2009 - 7/31/2010
Hospital de la Croix-Rousse
8/23/2010 - 7/1/2011
More About My Work
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
News About Me
163 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.7
30 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Magnussen has reported no relationships with companies or entities.